So we just rang in the New Year; we are still in the depths of winter and the wind chill reminds us of that! (Minus 16 today but with that wind chill feels like minus 26!)
But let’s think happy thoughts; thoughts of spring breezes and flowers blooming....we really only have a few more months left! We can do this! (Clearly, I’m not the biggest winter fan. There’s just something unappealing to me about having to wear layer upon layer of clothes, having my skin have all the moisture zapped out of it as soon as it’s exposed, and the crazy static that seems to come with all the grey winter brings!)
Which brings me back to where I want to be…. With thoughts of warmer days!
Let’s talk Best Beauty Trends of 2014. (Keep in mind ‘Best’ is subjective…. I certainly don’t expect my mom to be rocking blue / pastel eye shadows… that would not be Best for anybody).
1. An easy one to do, that really suits everyone’s complexion, would be the Berry Lip. It’s soft, classic and versatile. No matter where you are going – whether it be the office or a hot date, a neutral berry lip is always inviting. Keep in mind, the darker the skin, the darker the shade you want to apply – something deeper than your lip colour but not drastic, if you want to keep on trend. (seen on the Spring 2014 runways of Michael Kors). Check out our range of RMS Lip2Cheek range.
2. I’ve always been a lippy girl so let’s keep with that. Another beauty trend seen on Spring 2014 runways was the Orange lip. Gotta say, I love this one! It’s fresh and it screams summer to me! I can’t wait! 2013 Coral shades eased us into this one, so no excuse ladies! Be BOLD! (This one really was everywhere, so get ready! Rag & Bone, Nanette Lepore, Prabal Gurung, DKNY, to name a few!) We love this Clove + Hallow shade, Creamsicle!
3. I mentioned Blue Eye Shadow earlier and I wasn’t joking. Blue was the colour to make the most appearances, however, pastels really made the come- back, so if you really don’t want to throw back to the eighties, try lilac or a soft peachy shade. It’s fresh and flirty! Sappho Cosmetics makes gorgeous shades of blue and peach – come in and check them out! (trend spotted at Marc by Marc Jacobs, Badgley Mischka).
4. Bust out your black liquid liner or practice steadying your hand, because perennially chic cat-eyes are especially big for spring 2014. It’s a classic look that has been tried and tested. For a very glam look, pair it with a red lip or if you want more of a day time look, smudge it a bit and make sure you are heavy with the mascara! (Tracy Reese was loving the look). We love the TOK Liquid Eyeliner.
5. Glowing skin was also a big 2014 Spring trend, although this look never goes out of style in my view. Healthy, dewy skin is always a look I strive for! Not too bronzed but not too pale – just a healthy essence was exuded. Perhaps, the models had a big green juice before the show! It’s a sure way to get the look, however, make-up can also help you achieve this Spring 2014 trend. Need make-up tips? Just email me at Jennifer@thetruthbeautycompany.com and we’ll get you glowing! (seen at Donna Karan, Oscar de la Renta, Alexander Wang).