There have been several skincare trends that have gained traction over the last couple of years. Slugging, ceramides, and mineral sunscreens come to mind first. But what about new, innovative skincare tools? While we’ve seen the rise of facial rollers, gua sha, and derma rollers, there hasn’t been a tech-forward tool making waves. Until now.
What is LED light therapy?
LED light therapy is infrared light that is used as part of a skincare routine. This LED light does not contain UV rays and is safe for regular use. Typically, the light therapy offered in these skincare sessions is either red, green, or blue LED light. With 264 LEDS encased in 66 bulbs, the Ember Rejuvenating Light Therapy mask is the most powerful in-home LED device on the market. This mask offers 3 unique modes addressing different concerns
How does light therapy work?
LED light therapy works by penetrating wavelength rays into the skin to boost circulation, activate collagen production, and speed up the skin’s healing processes. Each light offers a different array of benefits.
Powerful red light improves circulation and the amount of oxygen being sent to your skin cells. During this process, red light increases cell turnover creating skin luminosity, minimizing fine lines, and evening skin tone.
Blue light is especially effective at treating excess oil production and mild to moderate acne. It does this by killing the acne-causing bacteria and preventing future breakouts. Due to its skin soothing properties, blue light is sometimes used for skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
Known for having a calming effect, green light offers anti-inflammatory properties and can help soothe skin irritation. It has even been used to treat mood disorders like seasonal affective disorder and ease users into sleep.
How to use LED light therapy
LED light therapy is always most effective when used in conjunction with a personalized skincare regimen.
1. Wash off the day with Indie Lee’s Brightening Cleanser. This antioxidant-rich cleanser is filled with Vitamins A, C, and K.
2. Set your Light Therapy Mask to “Rejuvenate Mode” enjoy the calming treatment for 10 minutes.
3. Massage Wildcraft Skincare’s Calm Face Lotion into your skin to add moisture.
1. Since your skin requires more moisture, ensure you select a cleanser that nourishes like Grown Alchemist’s Hydra-Restore Cream Cleanser. Gently cleanse your skin to start.
2. Set your Light Therapy Mask to “Rejuvenate Mode” and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Seal in hydration with a rich moisturizer like RMS Beauty’s Facial Oil.
1. Cleanse your skin with a gel-based foaming cleanser like the John Masters Organic Exfoliating Face Cleanser.
2. Set your Light Therapy Mask to “Acne Control Mode” and lay back for 10 minutes.
3. Apply a light facial moisturizer designed for oily skin such as Salt & Stone’s Hydrating Facial Lotion.
Bonus: Interested in a mood boost? The Rejuvenating Light Therapy Mask has a mode specifically curated to increase mood and help users get a restful sleep.
Do you have questions about LED light therapy? Leave a comment below or message us on Instagram @thetruthbeautycompany for free skincare consultation.