“Hyaluronic acid” (aka HA) we have all heard this word in skincare before, but do we really know what it is? One thing's for sure it is a difficult word to pronounce but it’s also a staple ingredient in many different skincare products.
Did you know our body natural produces hyaluronic acid, but as we age it begins to deplete, which causes fine lines and wrinkles. HA, as it occurs naturally in the skin, its function is to bind to water to plump up skin and give it that dewy, glowy effect. This is why it is so important to incorporate a hyaluronic acid into your skincare routine. And it's so wonderful to see it as a 'must-have' ingredient, but it does so much more than boost skin's moisture levels.
So, what does Hyaluronic Acid do exactly?
Hyaluronic acid is a sugar molecule that holds 1000x its weight in moisture and is extremely hydrating for the skin! Mind blowing, right?
Hyaluronic acid is beneficial for dry/dehydrated skin types. It keeps your skin feeling and looking plump, soft and wrinkle free! It does this by binding water to collagen, trapping it in the skin, so that skin can appear plumper, dewier, and more hydrated - all day long!
Here are a few natural hyaluronic acid skincare products that we carry at
The Truth Beauty Company and some reasons why we love them.
It's Toning Time!
- Balances skin pH levels
- Bursting with Vitamin C and HA!
- Ideal for skin types that are dull or lackluster showing signs of sun-damage, dehydration, or premature ageing.
- Antioxidant Coenzyme Q10 protects against environmental stressors.
- Hyaluronic Acid helps promote long-lasting hydration.
- Ideal for skin types that exhibit dryness, enlarged pores, dullness and uneven texture.
Our under eyes age the quickest as it has less layers of skin than the rest of our face and less oil-producing glands. Using eye creams that contain hyaluronic acid daily will aid in rehydrating and plumping your under eye and support firmness and elasticity for this delicate area.
- Lightweight texture target puffiness and dark circles
- Great for those that struggle with milia (little white bumps under the eyes)
Don’t forget to Moisturize !
- Great for all skin types!
- Formulated with vitamin E, Vitamin C, Rosemary Leaf and HA.
Serums include active ingredients that bring antioxidants to the skin and restore cell growth. They also act as brightening treatments, as anti-aging prevention and can help with skin complaints such as dry or oily skin.
- Blend of HA and botanicals to provide lasting hydration throughout the day.
- Also contains polypody fern, added to soften skin and help increase skin’s natural moisture factor.
- Formulated to tackle dry environments that zap moisture from skin leaving it dull, irritated, and flaky.
- Combination of HA and B5 plumping the skin with hydration and locking it in moisture.
- It is a combination of science and clean beauty.
- Targeting hyperpigmentation, packed with hydration & vitamin C.
- Perfect for those targeting uneven skin tone and hydration.
Wearing sunscreen is one of the best — and easiest — ways to protect your skin’s appearance and health at any age. Used regularly, sunscreen helps prevent sunburn, skin cancer and premature aging.
- Hydrating, Anti-aging and Protecting.
- Ashwagandha stimulates the production of protective oils, Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and plumps, Anti-oxidant Green Tea fights free radicals.
- Great for all skin types!
Hyaluronic Acid is also a staple ingredient in a hydrating mask, if you are looking for a quick fix.
- A quick & easy fix for deep hydration with anti-aging benefits and/or add into your weekly routine
Make-up that benefits your skin - as it should be. Make-up stays on your face, likely all day. It makes perfect sense your beauty items would care for your face while wearing them.
- Preps and plumps to create the perfect canvas for your foundation or powder.
- This foundation feels weightless like a CC cream and does an excellent job at neutralizing any sort of redness or unevenness.
- Light to medium coverage.
Skincare products formulated with hyaluronic acid deliver long-lasting moisture to all skin types. It is one of the most efficient hydrating skin care ingredients; hyaluronic acid is capable of holding 1,000 times its weight in water, in turn delivering moisture to the skin without clogging pores. Ideal for daytime and nighttime use, these hyaluronic acid containing skin care products smooth skin texture and plump the appearance of skin.